Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Become a Better Human: Train a Dog

I love my dogs and I think they love me. Over the years I’ve worked in almost every dog sport, mostly to keep my dogs fit and happy. What I’ve realized over the years, though, is that doing this keeps me happy. In order to do dog sports I have to stay fit so I do a lot of dog walking. This, of course, makes me a better human and a happier. Here are a few other qualities I must maintain in order to do a good job of training: be patient, be positive, be clear so my dog knows what I want, if my dog doesn’t do what I expect reflect on what I did wrong, never correct unless I am sure the dog has learned the task, when teaching your dog to come to you it must always be positive and happy to have your dog near you, and visualize how you want it to be. Finally, have fun. Now, can you imagine how loved we would all be if we used these principals with humans.

No comments:

Post a Comment